You are here

Something Annoying On Mothers' Day

Swim_Mom's picture

Ok this is not a huge thing but I need to vent. We had a Zoom for Mothers' Day set up with DH's family - his sisters and their families and his parents. I like them all a lot. Not so much his kids. So he neglected to tell me that he invited his kids to also join. Surprisingly the 3 daughters (one I really like and was very happy to see her) actually joined. The first one and the third one I can't stand. Thankfully his son did not join. So DH is upset at me (which is a rare occurrence - he is very laid back) because I didn't stick around to chat with his daughters (they all live in different states). I went to watch a Netflix show with one of my kids - DD15 was dying to 'binge' Outer Banks with me (it started out dumb and it's getting quite good by the way). Sorry but it is my Mother's Day too and I choose to not see his daughters' stupid faces and listen to his aunt fawn over how wonderful these annoying girls are today.

End of rant, thanks for reading....

Thefatherismyfamily's picture

Great job! We often zoom too and SD15 will join from her mother's  house if it's her mothers custody weekend.  I start working on my phone when SD starts talking then rejoin the conversation after she shuts up. 

Rags's picture

Hmmm.  Your DH got pissed because you did not do as he wished on Mother's Day?  Really?

Sounds like DH is a bit confused on which gender the day is dedicated to.

Check your underwear drawer to see if DH is scalping your panties.

smh

Swim_Mom's picture

To be fair, DH made me a special brerakfast and dinner too. No he did not get *pissed*just was annoyed I did not make any effort. All of his daughters live in other states and he rarely sees them. He is amazing with my kids whom he of course lives with. I have always felt that I made an effort in the beginning (and so did my kids) for zero in return with his stupid kids. It is not in my DNA to be one of those people pleasing women - I never make one ounce more effort than someone else makes. So any other day of the year it would not have killed me to stay in the room. But on Mothers Day, not that we were doing much of anything, even the sight of his dumbass daughters (minus the middle one - I genuinely like her) - NOPE. 

Rags's picture

I am glad to hear, and happy for you, that DH has some redeeming character traits.  I am sorry that you are cursed with having to have his kids in your life at all.   Sadly, blended family marriages often require one spouse or the other to tolerate the results of crappy parenting.

Take care of you.