You are here

I know this is a step parent forum but, has anyone gone through a miscarriage?

ProudFamily14's picture

If so how far a long were you? And how did you cope with everything? Did you and your significant other try again or just stopped their. A lot of comments and advice would be very helpful..

Sincerely,

I don't understand what went wrong

ProudFamily14's picture

I was suppose to be 20 weeks but baby Ryan was measuring 16 weeks. I have already lost my dad at 42 I was around 15 found him, lost my 3 year old daughter's dad through suicide and now lost our baby boy through miscarriage.

ProudFamily14's picture

Each loss was 7-5 years apart. First one was in 2004, Second one was 2011 and this one 2016. And I'am only 26

ProudFamily14's picture

I have dealt with the past two, I still remember them in my heart and mind. But, this one is fresh... All of them had a different feeling but, all were saddness. Never thought I would loose a child, since I had two normal pregnancies..

Merry's picture

I had a miscarriage at about 16 weeks. They are surprisingly common. Talk to your ob/gym about that or do some other reading.

YOU did not cause this. You didn't eat the wrong thing, do too much or too little exercise, or do anything else. It is not your fault in any way shape or form. (By you asking the question, I'm assuming that you did nothing intentional to end your pregnancy.)

Allow yourself to grieve. It's a hard time, and you need to take care of yourself--including your head and your heart. For sure, people might say stupid things to you, but that's because they don't know what to say. One of my friends told me that at least we had a dog and could get another puppy if we wanted to. Uhm, not helpful.

I did get pregnant again maybe six months later. Had a beautiful little girl. All grown now, but I still remember the child I didn't have.

neskajy's picture

I am 13 weeks. Thankfully things are well.
But my doctors (and I have one of the best ones) said that miscarriage statistics are lot higher than people realize. That 35% of women experience miscarriage in the first trimester. You are definitely not alone and it happens a lot more than people realize. Of course you should try again. If you know of any health issues you have, take care of them. take folic acid (I am sure you were doing that), take prenatal vitamins and take good care of yourself. It will be alright next time around!

My mother miscarried 2 children: one at 7 months and one at 6! She had to deliver both of them! can you imagine? But then she had me and a year later had my brother.

Be strong!

ProudFamily14's picture

Thank you everyone this literally just happen January 27,2016. He was so precious, I don't understand why he brought me joy holding him? I felt like he was the prettiest baby in the hospital that morning. We named him Ryan.