You are here

I'm tired of hearing " ex was a crappy mom, but she's a wonderful grandma "

godess-clueless's picture

Once again DH made the remark that " Ex was a crappy mom but has been a wonderful grandma." He has described the ex as lazy, dishonest, lacking in morals and all the behaviors that go with infidelity.

But now that she is in her senior years, racked with health problems, and lives in close proximity of her children , grandchildren, and great grandchildren ( same building) and dh thinks she has become the model grandma.

" DH , I do not want to hear about her wonderfulness ! Truth is she got old. She got fat. She got sickly. She got post menapausal and interests changed. She retired. She can no longer drive, and her family lives in the same building.

I finally told DH that I do not want to hear these remarks. Unlike the ex, I was a faithful wife, a hard worker, and very hands on involved with my chidren and grandchildren. Unlike dh's ex, I always had a close and good relationship with my children. But... Dh forced our move away to another state and I no longer have the convenience of enjoying all the day to day activity of grandchildren .

I told dh that he took that closeness away from me......I resent hearing about her " wonderfulness"
Anyone else find theirself having these resentful kinds of feelings or similar situations?

Notasm, yet another good point that you mention. Dh's ex also found religion when she became too old and incompacitated to keep up with the bar scene.

Ninji's picture

My SO used to tell me all the time that "At least she's trying" referring BM with the kids. Trying my ass. She's not 19 with a new baby. She's 40 with 4 kids. Time to be a grown up and take care of your kids. STAY OUT OF THE BAR!

Craigs list!!!! What a great idea for the too old, too ugly, too fat, but not quite ready to throw in the towel ex biker beauties. Unfortunately dh's ex can barely walk when she has an audience . And claims to be almost blind. So she would need some assistance posting an ad and would need someone to drive her.