You are here

OMG. Who needs a good laugh

Unhappy's picture

Oh I'm still laughing about this incident today. So here's what happened:

Tuesday evening I come home from work and FDH tells me that FSD(7) hasn't touched her pizza and she has been really emotional due to some previous issues she has been having. So when desert rolls around we made her a rootbeer float in hopes that she would at least eat something which she didn't. I made a comment to FDH that maybe she really doesn't feel good but he just shrugs it off.

So about 5 minutes after bedtime FSD comes running down the hallway into the living room and tells FDH that she just threw up. I asked her where and then headed towards the hallway. She had thrown up right in the hallway entrance. So I went back out to living and arrived just in time to watch her puke on the livingroom floor. She began to freak out because she thought she was going to get in trouble for puking on the floor so FDH got down on his knees and and gave her a hug. While her head was still resting on his shoulder she began puking again. I have never seen so much puke come from a little kid. It was literally cascading down FDH's back like a waterfall.

So after that FSD was asked to take a bath and I went and got some cleaner and a rag to clean up the puke in the hallway. I couldn't do it. I caught one wiff of the puke and ran into the kitchen dry heaving. This of course pisses FDH off (he's already in freakout mode) and he asks me, "IS THAT ALL THE HELP YOU'RE GOING TO BE." I literally couldn't do it. I can clean up my puke and BD's puke but that's it and I learned that new thing about myself that night.

So as he is trying to clean the puke up in the hallway I leaned over his shoulder to spray some cleaner and he flips out telling me that I'm not helping. So at this point I walked out into the garage to have a smoke. He came out and asks me to go over to the neighbors and ask to borrow their rug shampooer. Which I did. When I came back I walked into the house and FDH is at his limit. He looked at me and was like, "I JUST CAN'T DO IT." I tried to be supportive and reasured him that he could. Then he starts asking FSD, "WHAT DID YOU EAT THAT WAS PINK AND BLUE." in the freaked out shocked voice.

I looked over at the dog and she had a piece of meat hanging out of her mouth and made a comment to him about the dog having food. Then he really loses it. He starts saying, "THAT DOG BETTER NOT HAVE GOTTEN INTO MY DINNER," and I was like where did you put it. His response, "ON THE FLOOR." So I went over and took the food from her and it just happened that it was his dinner. So then he proceeds to freak out about how he hates the dog and he should be able to put his dinner ont he floor without her getting into it which I countered with the fact that she's a dog and you set your food on the floor. This freak out goes on for a couple of minutes and then he sees the dog and begins to chase the three pound dog around the dinning room table. When he finally stopped he looked over at me and saw that I was not impressed with his behavior and yells "DON'T GET MADE AT ME."

So I walked back out into the garage at that point and he came out with me. We were talking about what had just traspired and I made a comment about how I did mention when I got home that maybe FSD is sick. Well, lets just say that was not what FDH wanted to hear. He gets upset with me and is like, "OH THAT'S GREAT. I REALLY NEEDED AN I TOLD YOU SO. YOU'RE REALLY GOING TO SAY THAT RIGHT NOW." I tried to explain to him that I wasn't trying to say I told you so I was only mentioning that I had mentioned this previously.

He managed to get it all cleaned up but was pissed for the rest of the evening. It was hilarious. He had a flat out temper tantrum/meltdown. I had a hard time not laughing at him through the whole ordeal. I talked to his a mother the next day and she laughed so hard.

imjustthemaid's picture

Ok I am cracking up over the dog eating his dinner!!! I have tears streaming down my face... We have 2 pugs and they totally would do this. They have even jumped up onto the dining room table and ran away with a pork chop. It makes me crack up when DH is chasing them around and around a table and he can't catch them!!! Then he yells at me for laughing!

The puke thing is gross. I'm not sure I would be able to clean up SD's puke. Ok I definitely would not! But the last few weeks BD3 has thrown up on me about 7 times and its so gross!

Jsmom's picture

There is something in mom's that we can clean up things our kids do, but we can not handle it from another kid. I have this issue with diapers and my nieces and nephews....

Unhappy's picture

FSD felt fantastic after she got done puking down FDH's back. In fact she went to school the next morning.

Unhappy's picture

If Tini could reach the table she would be all about it.

I wish I would have filmed it. I should have just opened up my laptop and hit record. Typing what happened just doesn't do it justice. He lost it. I loved the moment when I walked into the house and he looked at me with this look that I can't even discribe and said that he just couldn't do it. He's said that one other time, I can't remember the reason why I just remember it was one of those moments that he had clean up something really nasty from one of the kids. He likes the fun parenting stuff not the stuff that no one tells you about before you have kids. So when he encounters it he just wants to throw the parenting towel in.

imjustthemaid's picture

My DH gags at the site of throw up. Its actually pretty funny watching him run to the bathroom making heaving noises. He also cannot handle dog poop which is even funnier!!

I was just picturing my pug with the pork chop hanging out of her mouth while reading this blog!

Unhappy's picture

That's what I tried to tell FDH. If his food wasn't on the floor the dog would have been eating puke instead.

Needless to say he wasn't very happy with my positive spin on it.

Unhappy's picture

Dogs are nasty. They'll roll in dead animal and eat other animals poop. I grew up on a farm and the boxer that we had at the time loved eating horse poop and rolling in it. It was so gross.

forestfairy's picture

THANK GOD my dog has no interest in poop. He even avoids his own like the plague. When he drops his ball too close to where he's pooped he will take his paw and bat at it until he gets it moved far enough away to pick it up with his mouth. He doesn't want his mouth anywhere near poop.

forestfairy's picture

"That's what I tried to tell FDH. If his food wasn't on the floor the dog would have been eating puke instead.

Needless to say he wasn't very happy with my positive spin on it."

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I guess not. What a great story.

Once, my ex bf and I had just got our dog, a chocolate lab (who I still have). We changed him to a good food off the cheap food he had been eating, and let's just say that we made the change too fast. We get home from work one day and immediately upon opening the door the smell hit us. There was diarrhea literally covering the entire living room and kitchen floors. There's was diarrhea going up the side of chair legs and splattered onto the walls. It was like 100 square feet of diarrhea! It's was the biggest shit show I'd ever seen in my life.

It took like an hour and a half of both of us gagging and running outside as much as we could for fresh air while cleaning that disaster area. The poor dog just hid with a very sad face. Obviously not his fault.

Even after all the cleaning, it still reeked in there and we just decided there was no way in hell we could eat dinner after that trauma, so we opened all the doors of the house, took a 6 pack into the back yard and hung out there in the yard laughing our asses off about the disgustingness of it all. All you can do is laugh or cry.

Good times. Wink

stepmom21's picture

The dog part is the best....my DH left his plate on the coffee table once and my dog ate the topping off his pizza. DH accuses me of eating it as a joke, I just ignored him hahah

imjustthemaid's picture

Not to be really gross but my fat pug likes to sneak into the bathroom just as BD3 finishes pooping her in little potty and she eats her poop!! Its so gross!! Then she wants to lick me with that dirty mouth. Thats when I call SD over and tell her the dog needs some love!! Haaaaaaa haaaaaa!!

dragonfly's picture

LOL LOL literally i laughed out loud! i dont know how you were able to hold your laughter when she puked on him. i would have been cracking up the whole way. poor girl though and what did she eat that was pink and blue?