You are here

Overly-Clingy XSM? (rant)

worst_stepmom_ever's picture

My X and I have a DD, who is 7.

We've been divorced since she was about a year old. A couple years ago he got remarried. She was always one of those "try-hard" stepmoms who tried WAY too hard to play "mommy"

You know the type, baby the child, post a gazillion pictures on social media saying how much she just lurrrrrves her stepdaughter, etc. :sick: I mean heck, *I* don't bother with all that and I'm her mother. Not to mention DD only sees her dad once or twice a year since we live 1000s of miles apart so it's not like she actively parents DD.

Anyway, none of the SM's behavior harmful to DD, so I just kept my opinions to myself. Maybe an eye-roll here or there, but there are definitely worse things in the world.

Well a few months ago, XH divorces XSM. So mind you, over the course of their relationship (they dated for maybe a year at most before getting married) she's seen DD a handful of times.

First she gets my DD a Build-a-Bear for Christmas with a voice thing inside of XSM saying "I'll always love you DD, etc. etc."

XH sends that shit home to my house and I look at it like da fuq? *MY* SM was over and straight up said "that is just creepy."

I let DD put up pictures of XH, XSM, in her room if she wants but I don't feel like having some talking stuffed animal of XSM's voice in my house. She can keep that at her dad's house if she wants it but it was NOT staying here. (It went into the trash)

Well now for Valentine's Day XSM sends DD gifts to my house. YOU ARE DIVORCED FROM XH! PLEASE MOVE ON! IF YOU WANT TO MAIL THIS CRAP SEND IT TO *HIS* HOUSE! Why the heck do you even still have my address?!

...What a freaking weirdo! I have no clue as to why they got divorced but this seems like some sad attempt for her to cling onto some shred of XH. I finally just told XH to tell his ex-wife to STOP sending stuff to my house.

If he gets remarried again then by all means, *that's* someone I need to put up with. But all his EXES?! HELL NO! *YOU* chose these people, NOT me. *YOU* deal with them.

Disneyfan's picture

Hey Peed, I think your crazy SM sent out a bat signal giving all the crazies the green light to come out and play.

Glassslipper's picture

XH sends that shit home to my house and I look at it like da fuq? *MY* SM was over and straight up said "that is just creepy."
^^^^^^

Made me laugh so hard, at work, still laughing.

certifiable creeper on your hands!

Mikhaila87's picture

She wants the daddio back. Strange woman. Send the cr*p back!

Yes the short time between breaking up with your ex there should have been a cooling off period for your kid and the SM...but its COOLING off so the kid doesn't have such a harsh step into reality. As they seemed to have got on, but that's it.