You are here

SS11 asked me if I like his Mom.

poisonivy's picture

We're all sitting around the dinner table and SS11 blurts out, "Poison, do you like my mom?" To which I replied, "SS11, why do you ask?" He says he just wondered...so I told him "SS11, your mom and I don't know much about each other, we've never even been introduced. So, neither one of us can form a decent opinion about the other without assuming a lot that probably isn't true."

BTW, I'm sure the mouthpiece will deliver that message to BM, of course he will put his own spin on it and it will probably end up like this: "Mommy, Poison doesn't like you and when I asked she wouldn't tell me why. That makes me so sad. Can you buy me a puppy?"

Wish2Bdramafree's picture

Poisonivy, I have to commend you on how you handled this situation! You were very tactful, I'm taking notes! I hope the outcome is better than anticipated, but it's a little fun to think of how much it would really piss BM off if her kiddo reported back exactly what you said and it gave her nothing to cling to to start drama Wink

simifan's picture

I get this question every so often. I too give the same answer, i don't know her, I can't form an opinion.

C J Baughn's picture

My SD5 invites me to functions at her home (cook outs, birthday parties, christmas dinner)lol. Because her mother and I talk pleasntly and have had some long converstations, I think my SD assumes we are best friends lol I once had to tell her that I couldn't come over to see her new bedroom and play on her tampoline. When she asked why not, I was at a total loss for words! Not really sure how to tell her that mom and I are not pals, we just get along because we love her. And my husband and BM live in boyfriend are mortal enimies (mom left dad for him) so I'm sure one day we will have the exact same sistuation at our dinner table but I'll be the one buying the puppy LMAO

paul_in_utah's picture

Ditto here about the cup o'shut the fuck up. My SD17's perfect bio-daddy likes to sue people (whether warranted or not), so I have to be very careful about what I say around SD17. I wouldn't want to "hurt his feelings" and "make" him sue me. However, once she graduates, that little stipulation in the Decree about not disparaging the other parent will no longer apply. You can bet your sweeet ass that the gloves will come off then!

roseslady2's picture

My diplomatic response before BM and I became friends: I like your mom as much as she likes me and we are working together to raise two kids, so it's more important that we respect each other than like each other.