You are here

Things always seem better until.

Mamasammy's picture

Hi all. Been awhile since I posted and things between my husband and I seem better. We haven’t been arguing as much and have been communicating better. We didn’t have skid over the holidays because my husband my son and I all caught noro virus (the flu). Then after we had it skid got it and stayed at his moms so we haven’t seen him for about a total of three weeks almost. It’s been nice. I can honestly say things are so much better without him. Anyways today it’s back to the grind and we have skid Thursday- Monday. My husband took awhile at pickup because skid wouldn’t come to him. I always cross my fingers that he just won’t. Lol I know that’s wrong but I just like my life better when he isn’t around. Disappointed to see my husband walk in with skid. As soon as I see him my mood just tanks. I hate this. I didn’t know having stepkids would be so fucking hard. This is not the life I wanted. When my husband and I first started dating we only had skid two days a week for two hours at a time so it wasn’t a big deal to me. I regret marrying my husband. Nothing is worse than stepkids. If Youre not sure if you should get married to somebody with a stepkids I warm you don’t do it. I hate myself for thinking this would work. It never will with stepkids. As a stepmom I totally realize why the step moms are evil is those Disney movies lol. It sucks!!!! I can’t love somebody else’s child lol. I need some uplifting comments. How do you cope with being a step parent? Is it possible or am I just selfish? Help!!! 

SteppedOut's picture

I couldn't deal with it. But my skid was a horrible kid that did terrible things. He quite literally had not one redeeming quality. And he lived with my formerSO (us) full-time. FormerSO never addressed any of the myriad of issues. Skid didn't even go visit his mom very often, so I rarely got a break. 

I was so tormented (along with my babyBS) that I packed us up and left. 

notasm3's picture

PI’m just a selfish bitch. I knew from about age 20 that I did not want to marry a man with children.  I married my DH in my 60s who had a grown son who is a total POS. 

I do not regret marrying DH as he never once suggested SS living with us even when SS was homeless.    But I could never have dealt with minor skids. You have to let them in the house.