You are here

WAY more important than this fighting, O/T WAS

I am confused's picture

Higgins really Robin Masters on Magnum P.I.? That shit has bothered me for years. I mean we never really saw Masters... Only HIGGINS saw Masters... ALLEGEDLY...

Wink

Just trying to lighten the mood.

WE'RE ALL HERE FOR HELP. Let's take what we like and pass on what we don't and just get along...

But I still think Higgins was probably the big cheese...

Rags's picture

Higgens was just the butler. He was too stuby and and prissy to be as cool as Robin Masters had to be.

Robin had to be someone more like Sean Connery or Roger Moore.

IslandofDreams's picture

Ahh. But Robin Masters was always giving permission for Magnum to do anything....Which drove Higgins crazy , Remember?

PS - Good idea to lighten the mood.

I am confused's picture

78, 88, 98, or 08, Magnum was, is, and always will be a PIMP. And yes, Masters had to be Sean Connery. Not Roger Moore though... not nearly cool enough.

I did eBay search Ferrari 308 GTSs just now. I can get a black for for like 30. They don't look as cool as I remember... Bummer. Two buddies of mine just bought play Porsches, weekend cars, and I'm getting the itch for a toy...

That's why I'm watching Magnum P.I. on Hulu... Man this midlife crisis and GF breakup are really adding up to a big fat waste of money on something I'll regret, and soon...

Rags's picture

Man Toys are never a waste of money. I would have more of them if I had not squandered tons of $ on jewelry, cars, houses and vacations for my bride.

But, she is my gift that keeps on giving and well worth it. I will have my toys before I die. He who dies with the most toys wins!!!!!

However, I will likely never own a classic 65-67 Shelby Cobra with a 427CID engine with the side mounted 9qt oiler.. I almost bought a 64 with the 289CID engine in 1982 but I could not quite get the $11k together at 18yo that would have purchased it. I was close.

I give my dad crap periodically for not loaning me the last $2k that I needed. That car even in the rough original condition it was in 82 would bring $200K+ today.