You are here

Help! I need a plan...

Unyte's picture

I need plan. Advise is good, but maybe some ideas? Let's get brainstorming...

My ss is a 29 year old man who shows no sign of ever moving out. He just quit his job 2 weeks ago so he could go try summer sales in Tennessee. But he keeps pushing that date out that he's out there. It was supposed to be next week and now it's 3 1/2 weeks from now.

Wife supports him no matter what he does. She gets mad at me for being blunt and sometimes mean. I'm trying to get him to spread his wings.

So, I want out of this. My wife and I have been married for 7 years and her son lived with us for 5 out of them.

The question...We rent my sisters house. Should I move out? Also, my wife and I have a 5 year old daughter who loves me more than the world. Me too for her. How can I still be a part of her life?

Anyway, thanks. If interested in the whole dirty deal, you can look up my other post, Step kids way to old for this." Any lawyers out there?

Marie Fleming's picture

Boy, living with a 29 year old bum ss would bug the hell out of me. I like the idea that keepitsimplestupid just said. The trump card is that you are renting. Go rent a super small apartment and move. You could even let him know you are moving and their is no room for him.

godess-clueless's picture

If your sister owns the house then she is your landlord. My rental applications require all adults that will be living in the household to fill out a rental application and credit check. Only the people who are on the lease are allowed to live there. If any other adult moves in, the rent goes up x amount of dollars. Maybe your sister would like to make a lease if you do not have one or write up a new one in the future that takes 27 year old to the status of adult.

Unyte's picture

Thanks everyone for all your ideas so far. All of you have great! I'll start working on my plan. Sue, I feel you need to read up a little more on my other post if you have the time. There are plenty of issues going on that makes trouble around here. It may not be drugs or anything, but it's still really rough. From letting all his animals pee anywhere because he's too lazy to stop playing video games to let them out, to coming home any time of night etc. I could go on and on with other issues. If he were 17, okay. But he's almost 30. As much as I agree with you NOT to leave like a brat, there needs to be something done about this 7 year nonsense. I like the idea of going and getting a place for a while to prove me point. And YES, I am bothered by his presence sometimes. Who wouldn't be, he does nothing with his life while we work. And I go to school. This whole weekend he has been blasting his iPhone watching Star Wars sitting in the same spot. I've been very patient for how many years?

Unyte's picture

Thanks Marie for your help and understanding. It can be tough. Anyway, I'll get it all worked out. Smile