You are here

Stunned speechless

2Tired4Drama's picture

Less than 2 years ago I posted about SD and her dangerous. life-threatening family-building efforts. (See that post below.) 

I am absolutely stunned and could not believe my ears when my SO told me that SD is now pregnant again. There are simply no words to describe this situation, nor is there any sanity in it.

Just wanted to VENT here since I cannot discuss this with my SO.  What else could I say except, "Congratulations!"  

Thankfully I am disengaged so i don't have to deal with it directly nor with SD since she lives several states away. 

Just want to reiterate that distressing skid situations NEVER EVER go away. No matter how old they get, no matter how good things may seem.  God forbid, if SD gets to the point where she continues with these pregnancies and becomes severely disabled or worse, dies, she will be leaving behind children who will undoubtedly need attention and care from their grandfather, my SO.  

I sure didn't sign up for that but it could happen. Food for thought when you believe it's over at 18. Nope.

---

"Nov 2022:  If you read my post back in June, you will see that SD is expecting and the background behind it. She is a VERY high-risk patient. The first nearly killed her and the fetus didn't survive. The second almost did kill her AND the baby wound up in NICU for months and has physical and developmental challenges.  This is her third.  All her pregnancies were calculated and significantly medically-assisted despite her high-risk. BM (by way of family money) helps SD financially with all this as SD could not afford it otherwise. 

Well, no surprise she contacts SO and lets him know she is now hospitalized. The baby may have to be delivered early to save SD's life and they are hoping they can hold off long enough for baby to have a better outcome. 

I am so speechless by all of this I just can't even comprehend it anymore.  Of course my SO is beyond worried, once again, and TBH I really don't have much to say to him other than "I am hoping and praying for a good outcome." 

Over the years, I've read so many stories and nightmare scenarios about skids but I honestly don't even know how to respond to this situation, other than to remain disengaged and when needed express a brief "Best wishes."  So often people think it all ends when skids are 18 but it doesn't. 

This goes to show that when they are young, skids bring small heartaches but when they get older, they can often bring much more serious and lifelong heartaches." 

JRI's picture

So how many kids does she already have?  How does she manage them?

2Tired4Drama's picture

Child I discussed in Nov 22 was also born a few months premature and spent considerable time in NICU. As of now no apparent physical or developmental problems (thankfully) 

From what So has told me, SD and her DH are able to adjust their work schedules (both work full time) so that one of them is always home with the kids. Supposedly they have never had to use childcare, not even BM. (Which I think is crap -- I'd bet BM is over there all the time.)

I think this kind of b.s. answer on something as innocuous as childcare is just a small indicator of how much SD lies to her father, especially if BM may be involved. And for no good reason.  Why not just say, "Mom watches the kids."