You are here

What the heck is she up to now?!

rancherswife's picture

Okay everyone, I've got a new and mystifying problem here.....

SD, 24, texted me last weekend (she NEVER texts me!) saying "I miss you guys! are you going to be in town next weekend? I want to see yall!" WTF?! This is the same SD that claims I've come btwn her and DH, screamed at me, caused all kinds of drama at family gatherings, etc. I texted her back, stated that we would probably be in town, and that I'd tell her dad so that we could (excuse me, HE could make plans with her..). Okay, so this weekend, yesterday to be exact, DH called her 4 times trying to get hold of her (she never answered, never returned his calls) so we could have dinner with her (I decided to try to be forgiving and make dinner for everyone). DH started to panic, thinking something was wrong, car wreck or something; I picked up his phone and texted her-"Okay, your dad is getting upset. Are you okay?" This was her response-"I'm at a movie with someone-I'll call later". So much for "missing her dad"! Anyway, DH calls her this morning, gets hold of her (WOW!!) and asks her if she wants to go to church with us and my MIL. She says yes, I'll meet you there. Well, guess what? She's a no show! No suprise-DH was very angry, and MIL was disapointed, too. Both DH and I left our phones in the truck, so when we got out of church, I checked my phone, and this was the text msg...."Please tell my dad I'm soooo sorry! I had plans out of town with friends....can't be there." Now, why is she texting me, the dreaded SM, she won't call DH, won't return his calls, (she will if she needs money!) Why is she doing this?!! I do not want to be in the middle! The good thing out of all this is DH is finally seeing that she is a spoiled little witch-I just hate that he's upset about it! What do think?

sandye21's picture

She is texting you so YOU will be the 'messenger' of bad news. Don't answer any of her texts to you, transfer the message to DH unopened so you will not be in any way connected to her rotten, self-absorbed behavior. Also, this way there will not be any (planned) 'misunderstandings' in the future. DH can deal with it directly and first hand. Please don't let her suck you in and make you the bad guy.

Jsmom's picture

You need to stop relaying the messages for her. Let her do her dirty work herself. Talk about messing with your Dad. SD15 plays the same games.

twopines's picture

I agree with the other posters. Get out of the middle by either blockiing her number or not responding to her ridiculous texts. She's just messing with you, and it's not going to make sense to you no matter how much time you waste trying to figure it out.

SD26 doesn't dare pull this crap with me because she knows it will give me yet another opportunity to tell DH exactly what I think of her.

purpledaisies's picture

I agree with the others only I would send a mess to her telling her to talk to her dad or text her dad. I am not her Secretary. End of story. Then I would tell my dh that she text me and I told her to text you instead. That way IF anything came of it he knows that she refuses to text me or call him but wants it to go through the sm. }:)

rancherswife's picture

Thanks for the good advise, as usual....

the only good thing that I can say about this whole sitsuation is that I can save these stupid texts to throw in her face later when she acts up...but, yall are right-the next time she send me a sappy text telling me how she "misses" us, it's going straight to DH's phone (end of the month is coming; I KNOW she'll be looking for some money!) I just can't figure this out, though-she claims she can't stand me, but now wants to be buddies. Don't worry-I AM NOT that stupid!!!

tiredofdrama's picture

So nice to know i am not alone.SD will text me more than my husband and i don't like it either. I don't believe the crap she says. She writes stuff on facebook to make herself look good too. Posted on my wall, can't wait for you to get home from vacation so we can take you to lunch for your birthday! ha! I am still waiting!! Recently her husband came home from work early to take care of her because he didn't trust his own mother or hers. Well, duh, if he is going to talk about them to my husband like that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what they say about us. Who needs the drama!

rancherswife's picture

Yep StepAside, she is....
Go look on my blog entries-you'll see why...
no word from her for a few days; all's quiet on the western front!!!