You are here

Just so embarrassed!!

GG_Lou's picture

So I get a phone call yesterday from OH's Mum (who I get on really well with) and she wants to know if she can take the kids out for a meal tonight as she didn't see them at Easter (it was BM's weekend) and would we like to go as well. She'd like to treat us all. So I ask OH if we have any plans etc for tonight. Nope no plans. So yep we'd love to come too that would be lovely. I didn't finish work til later than I originally thought ( I'm a nanny so my hours are very flexible) so I meet them at the restaurant, They've all already ordered, OH has ordered for me as he knows what I like. I walk into the restaurant to behold SD on her iPad and SS on OH's phone. This meal was supposed to be so that they could see their nanny and have a chat and a catch up and general quality time with her. Are they talking to her? No. Are they listening to her? No. Of course not because OH allowed SD to bring her iPad which they both know fully well I would not have allowed. (I'm big on manners), and of course SS felt left out so OH gave him his phone which he doesn't put down until 5 mins after the food arrives and I kick OH under the table to take off him. Brilliant so that pisses me off before I've even sat down. Then SD starts to comb her hair with the spare FORK off the table when she's finished her food!! I mean she's 11 not 3. Then while Nanny is still eating her food SD starts fingering it all on her plate and moving her bread around and smelling it. Then she makes a massive deal out of having a pudding because she's been so well behaved! Once she's finished her pudding she starts to mix her let over ice cream with everyone's drinks, (some hadn't been finished), salt, pepper, and sugar. Again 11 NOT 3! Then Nanny gets her purse out to pay and SD goes through it pulling out cash, coins, cards, receipts, everything and flashing it about for the whole world to see. I whispered to OH at this point because I'd had enough, should she really be going through people's purses? I get ignored! Cheers! Then SD starts to talk about how she ran down OH's phone battery because she was playing with it on the way home from school. I had a thought I text him around home time asking if we were still going to the restaurant and what time should I meet them, and was I meeting at home or restaurant. I ask OH if he got it? No. I show him the text on my phone. It's been read. He looks on his phone. She's only bloody deleted it! Now I'm seething.
Anyway OH did absolutely F*** all telling off or anything to the kids and I'm supposed to be taking a step back to try to regain the relationship with them which Is why I didn't step in (pretty sure my tongue is bleeding) and now in in a terrible mood, with the whole weekend ahead. Joy!!
Sorry for the rant ladies... Just embarrassed and frustrated!

lintini's picture

Can we call your SD Ariel from the little mermaid?? Lol....wow!! I'm sorry that made me laugh picturing her doing that at a restaurant.

I wouldn't be going out to dinner with them for a very long time until Dad teaches them some manners! So embarrassing!

No one corrected Ariel for deleting your text to OH? I would have said something to her. That is very disrespectful and rude and Ariel needs to lose electronics for a week for that stunt IMO.

Tuff Noogies's picture

yup. very familiar behavior. just like kaos.

it's been two years since i've eaten in a restaraunt with him - for that very reason. we went out last weekend, and while i must say his manners have improved some, it'll still be another two years before i do that again!

GG_Lou's picture

Haha love that. Yes Ariel got away with every single bit! Nope I'm not going out to dinner with them again! Not until OH winds her neck in and makes her realise that what she is doing is rude and disrespectful! If I wasn't supposed to be stepping back I would not have allowed any of that to happen! Just fed up! She never seems to stop! But I guarantee when I say something to OH when skids are in bed that he'll think she was well behaved! I know it's his fault she does it because she knows I'm not telling her off at the moment and she knows King Triton won't tell her off! Grrr!

robin333's picture

When we go out to eat or are having dinner with family, no cell phone or electronics. It's basic courtesy really. I would refuse to dine out with them again until Ariel attends some etiquette lessons.

hereiam's picture

Now, if you can just get him to comb his hair with a fork at the dinner table, the friends will really enjoy that.

robin333's picture

No, that's an Ariel exclusive. But he could try creating a soda and pudding concoction. Nothing says I enjoy your company as much as mixing everyone's saliva together and then serving chilled.

notasm3's picture

Growing up several of my friend's father were firefighters. Absolutely no good bodies or attraction there. Just flabby old men.

About 15 years ago I was at an event (blood donation) that many firefighters attended. OMG - these guys were so hot and so buff. Not at all what those old guys were like.

notsurehowtodeal's picture

I went through the same "uniform" phase as anotherstep during the "Top Gun" era. A friend and I owned a house together and in the living room we had a framed black and white poster of a man barely wearing Navy Dress Whites with the words on the bottom "I love a man in uniform."

I have very fond memories of a Navy pilot who was only in town for one night...

GG_Lou's picture

Haha thanks for the advice ladies. And the distraction of firemen. Love where this headed. Blum 3

ownpersonalopinion1's picture

oh honey! If I was younger and had my 24 year old body again I'd be in Israel. You talk about good looking people there and nobody is fat.

Monchichi's picture

Now ladies, what meal out is not complete with smashing half a foot long hot dog in your mouth with wee hands and filthy finger nails, chewing with your mouth open and fiddling with your peepee. Then when you have to finish your chips that you ordered, you scream like a girl and prostrate yourself at an imaginary bee just so you don't have to eat your food? I feel you are so hard done by not to have experienced this.