You are here

Playing against each other.

GG_Lou's picture

Yesterday I took my skids to school, at 9am because they didn't want to go to breakfast club, that's fine by me, my pleasure. Walk up to school (5/10 min walk away) and SS5 notes all the puddles on the pavement but says that seeing as though it's morning he knows he shouldn't jump in them, behind me (2-3 metres) I hear SD9 splashing in all the puddles, tell he not to because she'll have wet feet and get ignored. Fine I warned you don't blame me, obviously in a fowl mood... Drop SS off at class, and walk round to take SD to hers ''Daddy said I can walk home on my own tomorrow night! when you pick us up'' my reply being ''If I can see you ahead and you stop to cross roads with me and SS then you can but I will be picking you up as normal from you're class'' ...''But it's embarrassing, everyone else walks home on their own!'' well no you're 9, any parent who lets their child walk home alone is either stupid and irresponsible or the house is on the same road with no roads to cross (even then irresponsible) we have 2 busy roads to cross. I know full well it's because I'm picking her up, if my OH was picking her up she would walk with him no questions asked. ANYWAYS... OH gets home from work, ''you're daughter told me apparently you said she could walk home on her own tomorrow night...I'm not comfortable with that''... his reply being ''I didn't say that, she is not waking home on her own''

Can you imagine of I had just taken her word for it (naïve) and let her walk home and something had happened, not only was it stupid to play us off against each other but it was downright dangerous!

What do I do??

GG_Lou's picture

Oh same when I was a child even a little white lie an I would get a smack. I just can't believe she thought I would let her walk home on her own...she really has no respect for me at all...

Sparklelady's picture

Don't take it personally, I don't think it was about you. Lots of children try out these lies on all adults in their life, not just stepparents!

GG_Lou's picture

Oh no I get that, I know I used to but just hurts a little that she thinks I would let her do something that dangerous. Gonna have to have a chat with her later to let her know it was wrong.

GG_Lou's picture

So to add to this, went to pick them both up from school, got SS, went round to get SD and she had left her classroom without waiting for me, I ran after her to stop her and she ran off towards home. Rang OH and he was extremely angry and is now on his way home from work. She ran across roads without looking and scared the living shit out of me and is now telling SS5 that she hates me.