You are here

Christmas wishes do come true for SD

borninmyheart's picture

Dear Lord help me I think I may be sick lol ... Opps she did it again ..Got everything on her wish list even after her father put his foot down and told Ex wife that SD shouldn't have a 500.00 phone not only did she get that she got every other thing she wanted 150.00 boots she will wear 3 times ..Jacket from VS that SD and I looked at she loved and I said 80.00 for a hoodie your nuts when you can have 10 other things you want instead well she got the 10 other things she wanted plus the hoodie . I swear DH spent one whole pay chk on her . My boys got the big item on their wish list and a few other odds and ends they didn't ask for but I knew they would enjoy .My youngest is 9 oldest 13 SD 14 teen ..Then there is 19 year old SS that got 100.00 and a card ugh if DD would of split that money he spent on SD with SS I would of been happy but nope SS got the shaft DH saying he is older I am thinking who cares ! He has eyes and can see what SD got and I would be jealous hell I am 35 and I am jealous she even got stuff I had ask DH for and didn't get . I wanted to say something but this being our 1st Christmas as a real family I shut my trap but informed everyone next year there was going to be a 200.00 cap on gifts lol knowing it will never happen . I am however blessed when my youngest woke up singing happy birthday dear Jesus at least a few in this family remembered what all this is about ! I am so thankful Christmas is over .. I think I will spend 1,000 on my 9 year old Birthday on the 25th see what DH thinks about that !

bdh1986's picture

You did a great job by not starting an argument over this... Because I would've! This sounds similar to my situation. How hard can it be to simply not buy something for kids... KIDS? My husband spent hundreds a piece on four kids this Christmas. All of them are bored today! What the... How can that be??!! My thing is if they don't appreciate it, don't buy. And if they don't need it, don't buy. My 12yr old SD got her fourth phone this year and it's an iPhone. She has an iPod and said all she wanted to do was download music to the phone... Long story short, I understand where you're coming from. If you get a chance, you may want to talk about that with your husband because it's not fair to the other kids.

borninmyheart's picture

Well I let it all out the other day and it wasn't pretty to say the least . I let him know that SD isn't the only one in this family and we wont be spending 150.00 on boots ever again for a child who makes our world a living #ell every other weekend . I understand DH wanting to spoil her since she is not here very often (her choice) but we are going to have to draw the line somewhere and that is going to be on the spending . Not just on her but on all the kids after talking to DH I know now how much we are spending on all of our children ...,Mine year round and his whenever she cries (and boy this child can cry;) But Im so glad we talked I feel better he feels better but SD will just have to learn DH is not going to buy her to come here and I am guilty of it too I have two boys so it is fun to spoil a girl but spoiling her is just not working so we will just love her and hopefully she will learn that we are not a piggy bank but a safe place to land when she needs too .

Auteur's picture

I remember spending THOUSANDS on GG's kids when we didn't have it in the early years. DO NOT just sweep it under the rug. A big mistake I made was NOT speaking up in the early years and calling a spade a spade (guilty daddy insanity)

See my post about Christmas Manipulation!