You are here

Husband refuse to go out, have fun, and enjoy life when His BS not there for the weekend?

Jerseymommy's picture

I'm trying to understand why this is happening for years.
My husband don't like to go to the beach, park, museums or other kids programs, when is not his BS's13 weekend.
If I talk him in to come with us, he is in a bad mood, and not participating.
We also have a toddler together, so is not like he would have to entertain my BS15.
I always tried to please him on this, but since I got the little one, I wan't to keep him away from SS13.
(I posted earlier about his touchy feely son with some autistic trait and interest in touching little kids, not respecting personal space, etc.)
So I'm trying to take the two year old out when SS13 is over, but my husband get's so offended.
Anybody is dealing with similar issue, and was able to come up with a solution?

Jerseymommy's picture

Defenetely his ex said things, before, all to make him feel guilty, but after he acused raping and strangulating her, they don't talk anymore.
She told SS13 when the baby was born, that from now on your father won't take you anywhere, because he will have to change diapers. (Not that he would change the baby more than twice).
But his son make him feel guilty too. When we drop him off, he say: I will be bored. Hope you guys don't go anywhere, just strait home.
Or if we are on the way home from the beach, he calls my husband and ask: What you doing now, where are you? My husband say: oh nothing, just watching tv. Like we have no right to have life without him.
Weird.

IslandGal's picture

Your DH is acting like a spoilt sook. Tell him to spit that friggin' dummy out of his mouth and start acting like the Father he is. If he doesn't - then you act like he's out of your lives and focus on you and yours. Do your own thing and plan all your own activities. Keep this up and you just might find that one day, you don't need or want him any more.

Life is just too damned short to put up with this kind of weak petty shit. Honestly - some men should just stay single and remain in limbo/stand by mode for their exes and skids 'cos they're just too friggin' immature to have an adult relationship.

Jerseymommy's picture

Islandgal, you are 100% right!!
My only concern would be in case of separation, that he will take our little one with his BS13 the same weekend for visitation. I have to make sure that it won't happen.