You are here

I blew up at my husabnd for the 90th time this year

Jellybean76@hotmail.ca's picture

Frustrated in a blended home. I am currently on maternity leave. 5 kids a lot of work, one of them being a newborn who is now 7 months. Obviously I am tired. I do feel overly busy and under appreciated.
My husband "wakes up" when his kids are at our home. Suddenly he remembers he needs to make snack, or bedtime routines, or even planning activities. When my 2 kids show up, he sits there. I finally, overwhelmed blew up again after watching him play the "get out of parenting tonight card"

Bitterness and frustration seems to have taken me over. I no longer want to participate when his kids come. I don't even feel like I want to do much with him anymore.

Why? Well we fight alot over the kids. I get mad and vent and say stuff. He is tired of me saying stuff. I feel like he does not care about my kids. I feel like I give 110%. Anyways I am to tired to write much more. Just tired of being in this blended home.

ItAlmostWorked's picture

It seems like he may have already disengaged from your kids but what I am not sure about is -are "your" kids all "his" kids, too? If so, even though supposedly women now have equality, it still seems to me that many men just assume certain things are still the woman's job. :/ My DH does this too, even when the woman's job might be something I am temporarily physically unable to do due to a medical condition that varies in severity. When I can't do it, it just doesn't get done, that is, unless SD is here and does it. No one asks her to, I've always thanked her, but this one one of the MANY reasons she looks down on me. I guess she thinks certain jobs are woman's work too-otherwise wouldn't she also be looking down on her Dad?

I am beginning to feel like there is something seriously wrong in 80-90% of the families I know. Societal structure is clearly not working anymore. First marriages don't work and neither do subsequent marriages. Sad