You are here

Proud of DH

at whits end with ss's picture

I am so proud of DH. He is finally coming around and realizing just how disrespectful ss8 is. SS8 typically goes to BM's house every Tuesday (going to have to stop once school starts). He has been so dispectful to me all week and DH is seeing the stress SS8 is causing. I'm pregnant by the way and shouldn't be expiercing all this stress. He told SS8 yesterday that if he continues to be disrespectful then he cannot go over to his mom's house. This really hit home with ss8 and he began to cry.

I just get so frustrated becuase when he returns from BM is when he shows the most disrespect: completely ignoring me, I say no to something but when I turn around ss8 is doing it again, etc. I am confused on what to do. I really enjoy the 2 day break when he goes to BM, but am horrified by his behavior when he returns. He has been good so far today, but if he's bad do we stick to our guns and withhold visitation or do I let myself enjoy the stress free 2 days of freedom?

christinen's picture

I think you need your days of freedom! My SD is the same way- we have her every other week for the full week- every time she comes back from BM's house, she acts horrible & by the time she starts behaving again, it is time for her to go back to BM's. It probably would be easier, as far as her behavior goes, if she were with us full time because there wouldn't be that huge difference in expectations between houses. However, I need my SD-free time and would never want to not have that break! Wink

Every other week would be great. We have SS8 full time and he sees his BM 2 days a week if she wants. Key word: if she wants. That drives me crazy. I did not have the opportunity to choose whether or not SS8 went to his BM. She didn't call or stop by. Keep in mind she only lives 5 minutes away from us...urgghhh. How can you claim to love your son so much and not even bother to see him. My DH is so fed up with her that he didn't call her or anything. He said....Good, BM screws him up every week anyway. I do understand that, but I so love my free days. I'm thinking about trying for the weekend. Once school starts visitation days will have to change to the weekends anyway.

christinen's picture

Haha I guess every other week is better than full time, but to me it's still pretty awful. I guess the least amount of time skid can possibly be around, the better! }:)

I agree. If I weren't pregnant (and school wasn't just around the corner) I would go out and find a job outside the home so I wasn't stuck with the turd all day.

Purplemom's picture

Why are you stuck with him? H's kid, H and BM need to figure out childcare... cause you aren't the baysitter!

That's what I say all the time. And that is probably the only reason DH has been supporting me. I have threatened not to watch the bastard all the time. He won't get it through his head. Oh, there's only a few weeks left until school starts. I am for sure going to look into summer school next year. Even though its NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY! URgghh.. I just get so irritated with him. Everytime I try to be nice to ss8 he thinks its an opportunity to walk all over me. DH tells me that ss8 is scared of me....my reply "good". He is scared becuase he's never had parenting before and I won't let him get away with shit.

Going up to school registration today and I think I might have to put him in special ed. We've been working on a summer workbook (lot of frustration there, again this should not be my responsibility) and this kid is so freaking stupid! He doesn't understand anything and I think he's dyslexic becuase he writes all his letters backwards and wonders why he's a year behind everyone else his age. And then the little fucker had the nerve to say he wanted to take his workbook to BM house. Really? She got custody revoked when she was out of state for Not sending him to school (thats probably why he's so dumb) and you expect her to help you with homework...HA. That one gave me a chuckle.