You are here

So now DH is mad...

lisa510's picture

Sad He's mad because I told him that his daughter is disrespectful. She treats me like a peace of furniture. She always has an attitude and is rude. He says he doesn't care if that's how she wants to be; she treats him the same way and yet, he goes to her bedroom to baby her and "see how she's doing." She's 16 - not 6!

She had her BM's live-in BF send her explicit messages while she lived with BM, so now she lives with us! Ugh!

distorted reality's picture

I understand that the truth sometimes hurts, lol. Seriously, some of these men are so caught up in the FOG (Fear-Obligation-Guilt) that they just don't see what's right in front of their faces. Let him have his mad on. He'll get over it....or he won't. LOL.

AVR1962's picture

Lisa510....this is why so many families end up using Super Nanny. What you see is obvious is also obvious to me. It is beyond me why your husband finds this permissable. Babying your SD is not the answer, she has to learn to be respectful to adults and you are one of them that deserves that respect. Would your husband allow his daughter to try her teacher or his parents like he is letting her treat you?

I SSs' mom allowed the boys to be disrespectful of me and my life with them was really really hard, one you would not want to repeat and I do feel for you.

lisa510's picture

SMofknowitall, since you asked:

I was the one who initiated the investigation into the texts. I was the one who fixed up her room on the same night she came to live with us. I was the one who encouraged her father to send her to counseling. I am the one who drives her to counseling. I am the one who encourages her father to check on her and engage in conversation with her.

The blame is completely on the adult. I have no confusion over that.

My issue is that after cleaning for her, making her breakfast lunch and dinner, initiating conversations with her, helping her dad fix her car, taking care of her dog, buying her clothes, and doing anything I can to show her I genuinely care about her ----- she ignores me and makes me feel uncomfortable in my own home. I have tried to build a relationship with this young lady; and I'm really tired.