You are here

Best news ever!!

icanttakeit's picture

My husband interviewed for a different job in a city 2 and a half hours away about 2 weeks ago. We both assumed that he didn't get the job since we didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. But, yesterday he got the offer, and he accepted it. Because we will be moving 2 and a half hours away, we will be giving up Wed. nights with the skids and probably cut down to 1 weekend a month instead of EOW. I am so fucking happy I keep pinching myself to make sure that I am not dreaming. Goodbye little bastards! I'm pretty sure I can arrange to visit my parents on the one weekend a month they are with us.

TASHA1983's picture

I am soooo happy for you!!! I wish this for EVERY SM in the world that hopes and dreams of being rid of their stepshits!!!

A girl can dream can't she.... Wink

kraecnieee's picture

I need more friends like you... Thank you for being as bitter and hateful as I am Blum 3

icanttakeit's picture

I'm sure she will get an increase in CS considering that DH is getting a substantial increase in salary. But oh well. IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT! Thanks for all the well wishes.

MarriedaBallessWonder's picture

LMAO! I'm sooooo jealous!

Congrats on the new job!

young_step_mom's picture

OMG I am so jelly I could be jam! This would be a dream come true for me!

DH recently started working for a research center that focuses on reproducing an almost extinct fish in our region and he was sent on a business trip about a month ago to a different research center that focuses on lobster and crab. Well this other research center is on the coast and he says they snorkel and scuba dive all day studying the animals in their habitat and he loved the weather and the people are awesome blah blah. Well he talked to his boss about how great it was and she said next july (once he has been there for a year) he can ask to be transfered! OMG I don't know if he would actually do it but I am crossing fingers and toes for it! Pray for me! Maybe I will get my own Christmas miracle next year!

Oh, and this place is 10 hours away woo hoo!!

kraecnieee's picture

I'm super freaking jealous!!! I love how we can be honest and nobody is calling us "cruel" or "selfish" or "f*cked up" I freaking love this website!! My DH is interviewing in 2 days for a position that might make it harder to have the kids as much. Cross your effing fingers!!

wife2's picture

Congrats...maybe your husband can get my husband a job there to...lol...I would give anything to move away from the ex-wife (in my case), I'm so excited for you, must feel like a breath of fresh air... cheers to you both and all the best.