You are here

Birthday plans squahed

cinderella777's picture

So I made it clear to dh that I wanted an adult bday..maybe a night out or day in a hotel. Which we desperately need alone time too. It's our week but I asked him to ask the mom to take her kid for one day. He ALWAYS obliges mom's every request to change days on her birthday and Any other day. Literally always.

I went to nail place hoping to come back and go somewhere. It's a big bday.. My 45th. Kid is here. They gave me a lovely gift and cards so I feel guilty but I'm so mad inside. I bet he didn't even ask the precious mom and she's playing innocent like she didn't know

cinderella777's picture

Plus dh says he thought I only wanted the afternoon kid free which is a total lie. They both knew its my birthday and I wanted the whole day and night. I wanted to get some adult drinks. Last year bm refused to allow is an extra day on my BIRTHDAY as well so or trip was one day. I feel guilty. Sd and dh cards are so sweet but I'm sooo mad I'm stuck here. And so mad he obliges her every request and I can't even get one day

catsmom01's picture

Yeah, when my boyfriend's kids were still minors, we would do a three day get away about once a year, just my BF and myself. My boyfriend and his ex had the kids 50/50...two days each...she would never take them that extra third day. We always arranged for them to stay at a friends house.

cinderella777's picture

p.s. I accidentally created two threads. Please comment on the other. I don't know how to delete this thread??? thanks Smile