You are here

BM has an old family picture with her and my husband and their kids!

WiseNotWicked's picture

How do I address this or do I even bother? My adult SK's BM now has an old family pictures from Christmas with her my husband and their kids as her face book main pic. We are not FB friends, he is not FB friends with her but we can see her posts because of the kids. I think this is ridiculous why would you want a picture of you and your ex-husband and your kids when you have been divorced for almost 9 years! Hmm maybe because we just got married a month ago and you are a crazy B! I don't have any pictures of my ex-h on my FB anywhere and I would not even think about having them on their. This woman is truly insane. I really wish someone would speak up and say "umm blank why do you have that picture on your FB, you are divorced and he is remarried"?

I've blocked her from my FB so I don't see her junk anymore and my husband has her blocked as well. It's still super annoying because people talk about it... What would you do?

Shaman29's picture

Ignore it. As annoying as this is, you'll spend time and energy on something that is not going to change.

StickAFork's picture

I have pics of Christmases with my kids and XH. Why wouldn't I? Does that make me insane?

Ignore it. And don't let it bother you.

WiseNotWicked's picture

I have old pictures too but I don't post them on FB or have them displayed around the house. All of our kids are in their 20's and on their own, it even makes the kids feel awkward...

StickAFork's picture

BM had their big, framed wedding pics up for AT LEAST 5 years after the divorce... and 3 years after XH and I were married.
Go figure.
I don't have my kids' Christmas pics up anymore, but I did have several collage frames with XH in them. DH didn't seem to mind. When we moved, I just put them all away. No need to be on display.

WiseNotWicked's picture

I have old pictures too but I don't post them on FB or have them displayed around the house. All of our kids are in their 20's and on their own, it even makes the kids feel awkward...

WiseNotWicked's picture

WiseNotWicked's picture

msg1986's picture

what a dumb a$$, I say ignore it and let her make herself look like an idiot. It would totally bother me too but she's the one that looks pathetic.

dledden's picture

can you report it as 'offensive' on fb...would they make her take it down? I odn't know the rules....I know that she is in fact INSANE to have that as her PROFILE PICTURE....talk about hanging on to the past for dear life....sad!

unbelieveable's picture

Yes - he can flag it because he doesnt want to be on her page. And Yes you can ignore it - but me...I would post as my profile picture an amazing big picture of my hubby and I. That will make her cringe. Lol.

c-mom's picture

I did not even have to read all the way through the second sentence. She is doing it to irritate you and she is achieving that. She obviously became aware that you are somehow aware of what happens on her FB page and she is toying with you. How do you win this kind of game? Simple. Don't play. Let her have it, quit looking at her FB page, and you won't even know she is trying to engage you in these games. Let her make herself look pitiful and ignore it, thus letting her make you look like the better woman. Just remember, you have him. She only has an old picture.

louloubellygn's picture

One day BM dropped the boys off and brought a bunch of old family photos, much of them containing pics of my DF and herself. They sat on our kitchen counter untouched by DF for quite a long time, and I asked him what he wanted to do with them. He just told me to throw them away, but the ones of the kids I saved and also kept a few of him and her. When I get super pissed at some idiotic bs she has pulled, I will take one of those pics that contain her and rip or cut into a million pieces. It's not a long term fix, but for the moment it makes me feel a lot better lol!