You are here

Lawyer reference

Mschmid02's picture

Can anyone refer an emotional distress lawyer in AZ? 

IDontCare3117's picture

I'm not sure such a specialty exists.  Got to your state bar website.  They most likely have a locate a lawyer function that may help you find what you are looking for.  

Mschmid02's picture

It does, you can sue for emotional distress. 

IDontCare3117's picture

I've never heard of an attorney who specializes in "emotional distress" cases.  

ESMOD's picture

I think you are going to have an uphill battle getting any kind of judgement against her unless there is a LOT more to the story than you have given us in your past posts.

Stress you felt because she was taking your BF to court?  denied.  She has every right to advocate for their shared child and get every benefit and allocation of support that the court deems appropriate and necessary.  It might stress you out.. it might mess up your plans and dreams of how you might have lived with more income in your household.. but she isn't going to be punished for that.  And it's not her fault it stressed you out.

Your allegations that she stole your documents.  Unless you have since come up with more proof than the fact that she happened to be in your home "unsupervised" at what I am guessing was a celebration for her child's birthday? There is no proof she took them.  There is no proof they haven't just been lost... or that some other person misplaced or took them.  Unless you have proof she has been going out and applying for credit in your name etc.. then all you have is a suspicion that she took them... that may stress you out.. but again.. that is unproven guess on your part.

It stresses you that she got a settlement in divorce and she gets CS.  Again.. if the court says she is entitled to these things.. no one is going to punish her because it upsets you that she got these awards.

She claims your BF was abusive... perhaps he was.  Again.. the courts aren't going to do much about a he said/she said situation.

I'm really not clear what you think she should be liable for?