You are here

Narcissistic divorced parent syndrome

Wildchildhaz1's picture

I think what needs to be discussed more is narcissistic divorced parent syndrome. The symptoms include

1. A divorced parent who claims their "crazy ex" was the cause of all of their relationship problems 

2. Has poorly behaved entitled children

3.Expects whomever they meet to foot the bill for their own financial shortcomings and poorly behaved children 

4. Is all about themselves and gives little to the relationship once honeymoon period is over.

5. Wants to marry quickly

MaryBethC's picture

This needs to be talked about in more places. If you look online about dating single parents it's nothing but blog after blog about how great it is. And if you try to talk about poorly behaved SKs you're seen as an evil step parent!

I found this site many years ago because I was at my wits end dealing with being a SM. It has helped me not feel alone and what I'm going through, especially now.

I Need A Bubble Bath's picture

I can check off every box in this list in regards to DH's ex (SS12 BM). 

1. BM has been married 13 times and blames every ex for the divorce. Yes 13! DH thought he was number 2 until atty did background check on crazy BM. 

2. Lost custody of her first child and SS12 is a lying, deceitful, manipulative brat most of the time. He acts like his BM. 

3. BM has never worked. Had to explain to SS12 what "Paying the rent on my (BM) back" meant because he heard his BM say it on the phone. 

4. BM is all about her self all the time in any relationship. 

5. DH says he should have seen the red flag because "BM was madly in love and wanted to get married after knowing him for 2 weeks and she knew all the right things to say and do." She was also pregnant within the first month, and it was a 'miricle' becasue supposedly she couldnt have any more children. We know now it was a way to lock in that 18 years of CS. 

These are all true red flags. Narcisists know how to walk the walk and talk the talk until they have you total control of your life. Then they destroy you. 

Wildchildhaz1's picture

Yes but someone who wants to get married that quickly is putting up some serious red flags. It screams desperation. Kind of like "Marry me before you find out what I'm really like."