You are here

Private conversation about skids between BM & DH?..is it necessary? Is there a better way?

liks's picture

Hi....I would really like to know what everyone's thoughts are as to the following:

In a court paper I happened to read, it suggested that Bio Mom and Bio Dad should discuss their offsprings progress etc once a week in a 10 min or so conversation.

Which I think is a lovely idea...except our pig faced fugly BM is a psycho manipulative demanding bitch.....but thats a different topic...

My question is....and I said this to DH at the time....'Yes thats fine....I think that we should ALL DISCUSS THEIR PROGRESS...TOGETHER...BM, DH and Me as Im their Step Mother'

Do others seem to consider this as a good idea or a bad idea....In otherwords....discussion of skids be done by us three....not just between DH and BM.

Im sorry, but due to our BM's weirdo personality disorder and the way she dictates demands and refusers to listen to any of my DH's point of view....I feel that there should never be any 'private conversation' about the spawns between pig face BM and my DH....

Be VERY interested in your thoughts....and reasons to why or why not....

btw...we havnt mentioned this to bm yet....would love to hear all your objections or suggestions first... Wink

Jsmom's picture

You do not need to be involved in any discussions. He can tell you what he wants and get your input, but you are not a Bio. These discussions are about their kids. All it does is muddy up the waters when the steps get involved.

Kes's picture

If BM is a manipulative demanding bitch, as ours is, then it might be a nice IDEA, but in practice, having a reasonable conversation with such a person is not usually possible. My DH has pretty much given up trying to have any communication with NPD BM as it is just not feasible. Having a 3 way conversation with you involved - IMO - forget it! More stress than its worth.

milknosugar's picture

My situation is so much the same.

Last time he talked to her nicely about the children, she decided he must want her back and started stalking us.

trying2getAgrip's picture

Does BM have another partner? My DH is pretty much cut out of every decision about SD's life/up-bringing and BM is such a wh*re that even the very thought of DH trying to override her or tell her he doesn't agree with something is enough to send her into a fit. Contact with SD is normal, for the most part, but can also be switched/changed/extended (never really shortened, since BM is incredibly selfish and hardly around anyway) at the drop of a hat. DH wants to have a lunch with BM to talk about SD as they hardly ever do and BM texted back to say 'ok and [her partner] will be there as well'. DH was not happy, but too worried to actually object and just never made any arrangements for the lunch, but did say if [partner] was going to be there and he wanted me there as well. BM behaves better when I'm around bc she doesn't want to be seen as anyone ever getting one over on her. I have to do the cheek kiss thing with this b*tch.

So, I suppose it depends, really. If DH is getting cut out or is worried about getting cut out then you guys probably have to suck it up a bit, though I think 10mins/wk is a bit excessive. As far as you participating, I think that should be left up to DH. I've had more than one 'OUR daughter' thrown in my face by BM and it doesn't help the situation or the Skid. Good luck!

liks's picture

Oh...sorry....why do it would be a good idea I should be involved in these conversations....(btw jsmom....I am a BIOmom)

Yes...DH does get kept out of ALL decisions/plans etc to do with upbringing of his 2 horrors. BM seems to think...'its my way and thats it' and BM is a psycho mad bitch. Born on the wrong side of town...
BM does not act appropriately with DH when they are in private....screaming and demanding...the whole conversation goes no where.

For me to be listening would assist this and I could bring up issues of behaviour that occurs with these 2 horror skids that a BIO mom should be alerted to and Im convinced disney dad DH wouldnt be mentioning any of this to her...

Finally....I have a son who spends most of the time with his father and the fathers (my ex) stupid bitch of a wife...but discussions of my son would be most welcome from this bitch rather than the yelling match that the ex husband gives me....besides, if she was part of the three way conversation, it might stay on the topic of child rather than ...ex husband of mine carrying on about how I lost his dumb suit one night 30 years ago....if you know what I mean...??? I wanna hear the good the bad and the difference thats going on...not just a man I now hates perspective on whats going on....

Just wanted to clarify my reasons for such a topic....would love to hear constructive criticism on your thoughts

Jsmom's picture

You are not their Biomom, in this case you are the Stepmom. If they scream at each other while communicating, that is why the communication should be done through email...Much easier. You should do the same with your ex. Makes life so much easier.

We stopped all communication with BM on the phone as our lawyer suggested in order to keep a copy of everything BM said and did.

It also stopped my stress level when DH would talk to her. That is worth everything.

I just think we as steps stay out of it and leave it to the biological parents to discuss their kids.

New second wife-step-mom's picture

I agree with Trying 10 minutes a week for conversation seems excessive unless something in particular is going on. I think email each week sounds better and only call for emergencies or something that has to be discussed in person. Most everything regarding schedules, grades, etc. can be emailed. SS's BM periodically wants to get together to talk about SS so we allow her to come to our house to talk. That way she is on "our ground" and usually gets the hint when we are done talking. I stay in the room but do not contribute to the convo unless addressed. It also keeps BM from screaming at DH and for the most part from acting and saying inappropriate things to DH. (Ugggh) She does call occassionally but she knows I stay on the line too so that "somewhat" keeps her convo about SS. In my opinion, too much convo between BM's and DH gives these BM's too much lead way and does not give them appropriate boundaries.

liks's picture

yeah....I dont agree with 10 mins a week either....too much....

Emails to DH from the bitch are full of 'make you feel guilty crap' I have read plenty of them. (i wrote back once suggesting she is going out of her way to make DH feel guilty using the kids as bait- not right)

The women is a complete disaster....I find her repulsive and so too does my DH....He doesnt want to talk to her at all....and she just bashes him about his head with crap non stop....

I would hate to have her in this house for the conversation....a three way phone call was what I would suggest....when she was next demanded a discussion with my DH.

Will my pressence make matters worse??? I dont know...I dont care about her - this is for the skids best interest...but mainly bc I really care about my husband and his inability to say or suggest ANYTHING when it comes to the upbringing of these skids...

I believe these skids are not being fed appropriatly...so too does DH....I think with us both mentioning this fact to the bitch BM may agree tp assist the skids health. Too much sugar and soda's no vegetables, and a diet of junk food.....now....my DH being a man couldnt explain this aspect to the bio mom....the other matter is the PASing she does....I believe that I can help her....understand why its not doing her kids any good...nor her... my DH couldnt explain that...

but at the end of the day...I would rather put my head in a bucket of sand and forget the bitch and not care less about the skids EVA

asheeha's picture

dh and i have to do this because bm is delusional. she still thinks that he still wants her and is sharing something special with him when they talk about the kids.

i suppose they are...but she can't keep herself in check and she disrespects me so completely that we simply don't allow it.

i don't attend EVERYTHING the skids do and with dh now AWARE of her inappropriate behavior i don't feel a need to be involved 100%. but before i pointed this aspect out to him, he just didn't catch on...yeah i felt pissed all the time.

dh makes a point to avoid her and give her ZERO interaction. he might say yeah and ok...and give his opinion but that's it. he also puts her on speaker phone whenever i'm around and always let's it go to voicemail if he thinks it's her. if he thinks it's the kids then he picks up...however, it has been her a couple times. she won't communicate via email...but dh hasn't pushed it. they usually text each other. she's not happy about it, but it's her only option most of the time.

i just don't try to be quiet when he's on the phone with her. i might answer every once in a while, but i haven't started doing that either.

i know i have something to offer and contribute when it comes to the skids...but she's just not evolved enough to accept. fine...i let dh know what my opinions are and then he relays to bm.

it will just set her off...if you want her to back off your territory, then make dh aware of inappropriate behavior, have him put the cretonne on speaker and really...just keep things to email.

your dh does not have to engage in ANY long convos with her.

honestly, bm PISSES me off and i can't stand even the sound of her voice. it's like nails on a chalk board, she is HIS mistake...not mine. it's comforting to know her presence in any capacity annoys him as much as it does me! Smile

sorry so long...but i struggle with this too!

she gets ZERO "private" time with dh! ZERO and now we are more bold about letting her know.

dh also makes a point to be pleasant, happy and by my side because any frown or somber face and she's texting...you just don't look happy...everybody says so...it's just annoying...she can't let go!

liks's picture

The children are diabetic from the junk food she has fed them....the women is retarded...with a huge pyschololgical disorder and i only used the food as an example...

I wish I had nothing to do with the kids and this woman...but the fact is...if this whitch died tomorrow...guess who is responsible for their health and well being 24/7 and therefore I believe...not that I want to...that I should be coparenting the upbringing of these my horrible step children along with my husband...

Im here long time...

And certainly the weird ways of her acting with the skids to make my husband upset need to be quashed - I suggested speaker phone when she calls but she dont call anymore she just txts with her abuse....lol she is such a fn weirdo...

husband is aware that the women is deranged...and aware its the biggest mistake of his life...and he is also aware that them two spawns were not planned on his behalf but on hers....he is disgusted in the way they all act to work against him

New second wife-step-mom's picture

I do not give BM my opinion, she wouldn't listen so why give it to her. I do give suggestions to my DH and he can pass on to BM what he wants but he usually acts like it is HIS idea and not mine to her. No matter how great your parenting skills are BM will not listen and follow your advice unless she is a really rare breed. I listen on the line to convo's so I know what BM is up to and my DH suggested it. When we do have convo's with her in person my DH will say to BM "let me and NSWSM discuss and I'll get back to you". BM hates it but I love it!

liks's picture

hahaha....yeah mine does that too....her and the spawns get really annoyed - only draw back they then get to blame me for everything....

what a shame some nice people struggle to live while we have horrible nutters out their who go out of their way to make everyone around them suffer

not sure what type of diabeties the horrorible kids suffer from...but IT IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO THEIR DIET AND WHAT THEY WERE BROUGHT UP ON....

quite frankly....I dont care how sick they get and with luck she will keep buying nothing nutritionist for them and they will all blow up one day....sorry but thats how I feel }:)