You are here

Who pays the skids college....the bitch they live with or is she going to slam us for half ?

liks's picture

I have another question regarding Child Support....now the CO reads 200 bucks a week to be paid to ex slag every Wednesday....

It doesnt state until what age....? Now Im assuming its 18. Im hoping its 18....

But, lets discuss College....obviously the ss16 who is the next president in the making - of course - will need to go to college....who has to pay for that....

My BD17 and my BS13 live with me and DH

The Skids are nicely PAS'd by the BM and we hardly are ever allowed to see them....(thats a quiet 'yeeeehahh' from me) So as for which college they are to attend...we would have no say....

purpledaisies's picture

google your state on cs laws and college each state is different. I know that my dh only has to pay til 18 or they are graduated. Bm did try to put it in the papers that dh would have to pay for half of college but he refused to sign it. Now with the state we are in she can not take him back to get that out in b/c our state doesn't do cs for college or make the parent pay half.

the thing is that all men should read the papers before signing and make sure it is all spelled out b/c with it not having an end date could bite him in the butt. good luck

aggravated1's picture

What state are you in? First, you need to read the divorce decree and see what was ordered. Then you need to chekc your state statutes for the guidelines on where CS ends, and if you live in a state where the non-custodial needs to help pay for college.

aggravated1's picture

It depends on what the state law is. For instance, here in Florida there is no law for college expenses, or child support after the age of 18. The only way to get around that would be if the non-custodial signed an agreement stating that they would continue to pay. Luckily, in our case, DH did not.

And I am sure it would depend on the stepkid. There is NO WAY we will be funding either of the SK's college expenses after how they have behaved.

liks's picture

yeah we are moving to PA ...so just looked online and no she cant make us pay....they got divorced in DE and they reside in DE - (of course)

the $78k the ex slag got for the divorce settlement is supposed to assist the bitch to pay for such college.

My DH has been paying over the amount for ever and putting his hand in his wallet everytime the BM squeeks for way too long....he may as well be married to her still...

Im just getting pretty jacked off with DH running around crying poor - Damned If I know why he thinks he still has to pay for the boys phones .... the other month they ran the phone bill up to 950 bucks.....cut em off I said and give them a 25 sim card for the month each....

dragonfly5's picture

No college here! My SO has told fss14 that he has to get bright futures. (Florida program) Also my SO has told him he is not paying for college. He worked an paid his own way. That his son will too. I worked and paid for mine as well and so did my daughter, she is working on her masters now.

Crazo I am sure will see it differently, but the CO says child support ends at 18 and does not address college.

I am sure my SO will help out some but it will not be paid to crazo and he will expect fss14 to work and get student loans if needed.

Can she really make you pay for college for the skids in your state?

purpledaisies's picture

I will add that we will help as much as we can with out a CO but my opinion is that college is a privilege not a right and the kid should pay for most of it or find a way to do it like scholarships and grants.

i also think it is the right of the parent to help or not to help but saying either is right or wrong but it should be their right to choose either way as the kid is an adult now. Most parents though will help with college on their own terms which is all the kid can ask for. Of course this is my opinion and the way I was raised and the way i raise my kids. the way my dh was raised and the way he is raising his kids. Bm has a different opinion which is fine and her right. So if she wants to send more or less then us that is ok too.

Disneyfan's picture

My son's dad has helped a little and I mean a little (so far I've paid 50K and dad has paid 1K and purchased him a laptop) with his college tuition.

Son and I live in NY but the CS order was in NC so it ended when he turned 18. We were never married. Anything BD kicks in for college is because he wants to, not because he has to. I might be able to get him pay another 2K before our son graduates.

liks's picture

I paid for my college, I worked 3 jobs and still got great results.

Yeah I dont mind helping...but if its in a cheque to the skank every week the ansa is NO!....but you can come home once and a while, ill launder your clothes, cook you a decent meal, help you pay a bill or two if your running short but not going to foot the bill of tuition fees.....sorry...

Im so glad we cant be ordered to pay this stuff....that means we will soon be free from all this ....yay

caregiver1127's picture

liks - in PA you pay until 18 or 19 if they are still in high school. As long as there is nothing in the divorce decree then you are under no obligation to pay anything for college. Our BM wants us to pay 100% of college and has looked at nothing under $50,000 a year (she is big into name dropping) my DH has told her to go jump in the lake and told her exactly what we are going to pay and that is it. We are thinking about retirement which for us comes up in 8 years - I paid for my entire college and I don't mind helping SS a little but he needs to get a freaking job (he will be 18 next month and has never worked a day in his life) and help pay for college himself.

What blows my mind is in a bio family there is no obligation to pay a red cent of college but because the parents got divorced now the biodad and the new wife if there is any needs to eat it for the four years that the entitled brat skid is in college I think not!!!

liks's picture

yeah thanks for that 1127.....

looks like you guys will be retiring about the same time as us....