You are here

Called a F**king B***H 7 times in 10 minutes~just need to vent

NoOneSpecial's picture

I know this probably isn't the place for this and I'm not really looking for advice, I just need somewhere to go with my thoughts...

Starting 2 days, my days have just been complete hell. My son, who is 14, was playing on his xbox, minding his own business, in his room. My bf, who has been with me for 8 years now, goes into his room and asks him if he'll play COD with him online. My son says, no, he doesn't really want to play that right now. My BF gets angry at him and tells him he needs to get all this s**t out of his room, along with some other choice swear words and then comes out. I was sitting at the table eating, had no idea what was going on, when the BF comes and sits down. He then yells for my son to get out here. My son comes out, he's been crying, and he looks at me and says mom, I'm not listening to him, he's being a jerk. Of course, still not knowing what the heck is going on, I turn and look at the BF, who's winking at me, like this is all a big joke, and he tells my son, I told you, get all the s**t out of your room. So I ask whats going on and they tell me. My son didn't want to play a video game and my BF was punishing him (but says he was just joking around) by making him take all his stuff out of his room. He kept baiting my son until he made him angry, and then sends him to his room, crying. I of course am not happy about this, and I tell him that. He says to me, I was just screwing around with him but now he needs to apologize to me for disrespecting me. I looked at him and told him, you were setting him up to fail all along, and when he did exactly what you were trying to get him to do, now you want to punish him and that's not fair. Well, he got his "apology", then told my son he needs to "man up."

Now my BF has an issue with getting to work on time, calls in sick alot, is never ever on time, and is always finding an excuse to leave early. His uncle used to be his boss, but because of his missing work so much and being late, his uncle decided to no longer be his boss because he was concerned about losing his own job for letting so much slide with my BF. My BF did pretty good for awhile, going to work on time, etc, after learning all this, but lately, he's slipping again. I don't remember the last time he went to work on time, it's usually not much, like 15 minutes or so, but it's everyday.

So this morning, I'm watching a couple of kids, to make a little extra money since it's kind of a tight month for us, and had to get up early. I also chaperoned a high school dance last night and it was almost 1 before I got to bed, and the BF was already in bed sleeping. Last night, my SS asked his dad if he was going to go to his football game today, and my BF said no, he can't because he had to work (he works 8 to noon every other saturday). My SS said OK and that was the end of it. So this morning, his alarm goes off, I'm already up with the 2 kids that came this morning, and my BF tells me, Oh, I'm not going to work, I'm calling in to tell them I'm going to the football game, and goes back to bed. If that was truly the case, and it wasn't just because he wanted to sleep like he always does, then why not call last night. I got mad, told him I'm trying to make extra money to help us out, and you skip out on work because you want to sleep. He told me it was my choice, so I shouldn't be complaining. Out of all this, I never swore or called him a name, in fact, I walked away. He calls me back into the bedroom where he proceeds to tell me that I must be satan because I have no emotions and that I'm heartless. I said I guess I must be, and go back to making the kids breakfast. Then he walks over, takes the paycheck laying on the table that needs to be put in the bank to cover the mortgage, and says, "lets see how heartless I can be" and puts it into his pocket. I say nothing and start getting all the kids ready to go for the football game. He takes my SS in his truck and I take all the rest (7 kids in total) in mine. When I get there, I take all the kids to the playground, but not before he stops me and says "you really are heartless aren't you" to once again, I do not reply, and take the kids to the playground where I stay with them. After about an hour, he comes up to me and says "are you done with your attitude yet" and I say "what attitude? I'm over here playing with the kids." This goes on for awhile and then he starts telling me I'm a cold heartless B***H, I'm a F**king B***H, and I counted them, it was 7 times within 10 minutes. I said, do you realize you've called me this how many times now, and he says yeah, I know, but you opened the can so now I'm going to keep going because you don't care, you have no emotions, etc. And then he told me, "you need to apologize to me!" And as far as this no emotions things go, yesterday, I came up to him to give him a hug and kiss and he was watching tv and he pushed me away and said "do you have to do this now, I'm trying to watch something!" and I left him alone.

Now, he apologized after, said he didn't mean anything by it, he was just trying to get a reaction from me, which I was not going to break down and cry in the middle of a playground with my children. I usually do, and I usually apologize for the way I act, because after all the fighting, I do realize what a B***H I am being, which I honestly don't try to be.

I just don't know how to fix this anymore...I've tried to be a better person, for myself, my BF, my kids, but I never seem to make any headway. So, if you've read it to this point, thank you for listening, and I'm sorry to be such a pest.

IAmALady77's picture

You are NOT being a pest! Thank you for coming here to vent and I know you said you don't want any advice but I think you know in your heart what anyone here would tell you anyway. My heart was breaking for you reading this. Please take a look at your life and think if this is what you really want. Your BF ssounds like a real peice of work.....

NoOneSpecial's picture

I know I shouldn't be with him, I KNOW in my heart, but most of the time, I feel like he's right, that I am just a horrible person deep down. I've listened to this for years, and today, he told me, "I don't even want to be with you anymore." And I told him then you should go, why stay. He tells me "I don't know. Why don't you pack up and leave?" But this is my house, with my name on the mortgage, I had this house before him and I even got together, but honestly, I can't afford to live on my own. I don't care about being alone, somedays, I wish I were, but uggh, I don't know anymore. There's just too much wrong with me to try to start new again. I'm obviously defective.

Purplemom's picture

He is abusing you and your children. Kick his ass out and start over. Get a roommate, look for a new job, ask family for help.. whatever you have to do to get him out of your life.

IAmALady77's picture

This is emotional abuse! Just look at your name! "no one special"...you ARE someone special. He has put you down and played these mind games so long that your own self esteem has plummeted to the ground,, of course you would feel this way! Kick his ass out, change the locks and move on honey. And find a good therapist!!!! You know that's what you need to do but he has programmed you into thinking YOU"RE in the wrong and you are NOT.

RedWingsFan's picture

^^^^^^^^^THIS!!! I was married to one just like him for far too long! They never change. I thought I was worthless, couldn't make it on my own, didn't deserve any better.

I lived in my former supervisor's GARAGE for months during the winter here in CO after I finally mustered the strength to get out of that marriage. He took all my money, I ate green beans out of a can every night for dinner for 2 weeks until I was paid again. He cost me everything and almost ruined my life.

PLEASE Get out now!

Lalena75's picture

Wow, so go back and read what you wrote, pretend the writer is not you but your best friend. What would you see then what advice would you give her?
How was his emotional abuse and his baiting your son you guys faults? This is how it goes they get mean they bait call names then make YOU apologize for making them lose their temper/get mad/name call. This my dear is abuse.

bi's picture

he has security issues. he's pushing and pushing to prove to himself that you don't care about him, and he pushes your son and sometimes you to do something in self defense so he can then feel superior when he demands an apology for something HE did. Fuck that. i would tell him i'm not playing his games and just leave. i had an ex who was constantly testing me. i finally called him out on it, told him i'm sick of the tests and games and to get out. best thing i could have done.

Aeron's picture

What he's doing is abuse. You say you can't really afford to live by yourself, but honestly, it doesn't sound like you can afford to live with this man and his horrible treatment of you And your children anymore either. There is always a way.

You didn't do anything wrong. Your kids don't deserve to be treated like this and neither do you. If you saw one of your children in a relationship like this, what would you tell them?

I know you didn't really want advice, but I hate seeing women being treated this way. He only feels "right" because it's what you're used to. There is nothing 'right' about this behavior.

StickAFork's picture

He is abusing you AND your child. If you don't respect yourself enough, respect your son. You should NEVER allow someone to treat your child this way!!!
He should not treat you this way!!

Reading this, I swear, it sounded JUST like my XH. Notice...I said EX H. I have never regretted leaving his abusive ass.

NoOneSpecial's picture

Thank you everyone! But I'm sorry I've given everyone the impression I'm abused! Nothing could be further from the truth :). I know I mess up, too often, in fact, and I usually am the instigator of everything. I push it, I'm moody, crabby, and really no fun to be around, which is probably why most of my friends have nothing to do with me anymore lol.

What I really need is to change, and Lord knows I try, but I always go back to messing it all up it seems. My son, that doesn't usually happen, I'm not sure why it did that day but I am right between him and my kids so they don't usually get into it. I just have to try super hard to make more of an effort to be a better person!

Thank you to everyone for your caring advice Smile I'm glad someone was at least listening, I think I just told the story wrong lol

Great Mom but horrified Stepmom's picture

For God's sake NoOneSpecial! Think about your son! You'd have to physically tie me down and beat me before I'd allow my son to be messed with by a jackass like this!!!!!

Protect your son! It's your JOB! You're his mother! Grrrr!

I HATE reading this. I HATE thinking this idiot is behaving this way. I HATE thinking of you feeling powerless. I HATE most of all that your son IS powerless and you aren't protecting him!

GET THAT BASTARD OUT OF YOUR HOUSE and STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR KID!

StepKidto3Momto3's picture

If you won't seek counseling from a domestic abuse shelter, please at least get your son into therapy.

RedWingsFan's picture

I'm sorry but you need to get yourself and your son out of this situation NOW. He's abusing you both, whether or not you want to believe it or see it happening.

I stayed far too long with a man that did these exact same things. My daughter, then 11yrs old, LEFT me to live with her dad in Michigan (I'm in Denver) because she couldn't handle him and the constant moving around (he was always losing jobs). I lost jobs, homes, cars, friends, family members and most importantly, custody of my only child due to this man.

He threatened me, put me in the hospital, verbally, emotionally and physically abused me. It all started out the same as what yours is doing to you and your son.

I'm telling you now and I only wish I had someone to help me get out sooner - GET OUT!