You are here

Stepmom Nicknames

CA1117's picture

Good Afternoon All,

I am trying to come up with a good nickname for myself. I am not comfortable with my Skid calling me Mom, so I would like to give her the choice of calling me by my first name or by a nickname. I did a Google search today to come up with ideas and I'm seeing a lot of Mom or Momma followed by the first name. I don't like that either. I'd appreciate any ideas that you all have.

ksmom14's picture

I have no idea, my skids just call me by my first name. I think that might be best in your case as well...if you're set on a nickname instead, maybe Mimi?

NoWireCoatHangarsEVER's picture

SD16 keeps calling me mom in text and it creeps me out. So I just quoted that movie Coraline to her. "I'm your Other Mother Dear." That's the creepy witch spider who has buttons for her eyes in case you haven't seen the movie.

SM12's picture

I'm sure my SS's have a nickname for me...But I Can't repeat it or it will get me kicked off the site! }:)
Seriously though...Just sit down with them and ask them if they want to come up with a nickname for you.
Give them a few options, variations of your name or something and include them in it.
That will make it more meaningful for them.