You are here

It feels good to be back.

sammigirl's picture

I have been away from ST for a month.  My 102 young Father became very ill and passed away Sept. 9th.  I have had family, family, and more family, along with arrangements.  

Our home is back to quiet and I will be doing a good deal of catching up here reading all your posts. 

My disabled DH is doing well and we have had a month of peace from my SD57 and her family.  

I will be reading here daily again.  Missed you all.

ndc's picture

So sorry to hear of your father's passing, Sammi.  But it's good to see you back!

sammigirl's picture

My Father was an amazing man; he lived alone in his own home his entire life.  He was never ill and he had a sense of humor that lit up the room.  I miss the man in my life that was my foundation.  He passed in his sleep, while napping, and I was with him.  He had been ill for the only time in his life. 

StepUltimate's picture

What an amazing man. Very glad you were able to be there for your dad. Your good memories will be the treasures you can enjoy the rest of your life. Sending hugs,

notasm3's picture

I am so sorry for your loss.  While I have great sympathy for those that lose a parent at a relatively young age, for me it is almost harder to lose someone that has been around FOREVER.  You just almost can't imagine a life without them when you have many, many decades with them.  But you do get to have so many wonderful memories.

SacrificialLamb's picture

Welcome back, Sammi. I had wondered where you were and hoped all was ok. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. 

Focused_onourlife's picture

Oh my Sammi my heart fell to my stomach.... I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how much you loved your dad. I'm glad you're back and I'm Praying for you and your family's strength to get through this grieving period. 

Thank God you're having peace with your SD in the time of need.